Sunday 11 December 2016

Beginning & End

Beginning took my hand, and led me to a door
It was not like the one, that I had seen before
He took out a key, handed it to me
“only you can begin & end your journey”.


Lock and key met, stepping into a new dimension
I tuned in my brain paying close attention
It’s only the start; much lies ahead
I must choose the ideal path to tread.


I looked behind, beginning was gone
Taking a deep breath, I moved on
I adapted to the rough terrain
joined by others, we persisted and gained!


There were times I sat on top of the world
sometimes buried beneath the earth
but my experiences molded me
I found hands to support & hold me.


Developed in every area of life
new dreams would allow me to thrive
today, end is not something i wish to see
but he is the one we all must greet.


“I will lead to the beginning again”, said he
I knew i’d have to follow, for I wouldn’t be winning
never hesitate to follow the beginning
never worry about being led by the end!


by Raniyah Basheer

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this poem because it shows you that death is something we cannot evade, no matter how hard we try. We must always remember that our life is short, and we need to make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your poem! It is really amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Window in the Dark